Thursday, August 30, 2012

Back to school day 1 sans kids!

I have officially survived my 'first day back'.  Although we don't have students yet - it still means I have to wake up to an alarm clock, get dressed and go to work!  It was actually a great day and felt good to be back!  We always have a 4 day (Thursday-Sunday) teacher In-Service in August and this year we are receiving TRIBES training.  I tried to use some TRIBES activities in my classroom last year, but actually having the training is making me REALLY excited to use it a LOT in the upcoming year and create a *hopefully* great classroom community with a strong foundation!  I look forward to the next few days of learning!  Here are the four agreements that are honored in the TRIBES learning communities.  Great, yet basic and to the point rules to have in your classroom!  








We still have 3 days of training, parent meeting/open house and then the BIG DAY 1!  I know most of my kids from last year (I had them for 1st) or just from being in a small school, and I am super excited to watch them grow this year!  

Here are a couple other things I have been working on:

Whole Body Listening.  I got this from a co-worker and just added voices are silent - this should be great! 



I also am working on Our Class Promise and to help the kids, I have created this book to reiterate the ideas and also communicate them to parents!

Just a quick update...ready to sleep!  Rough days getting up early!  8 more days till sleeping in! =)


No comments:

Post a Comment